Summer is almost here! As the school year winds down and the weather gets warmer, the countdown to Kamp grows shorter and shorter. This means one thing: it’s time to #PackforKamp!
Packing for summer camp can be daunting for both kids and parents, but we’re here to make the process as easy as possible. First, review our Kamp-specific packing guides to ensure all of the necessities make it into your trunk. Then, keep reading this post for our tips on how to pack like a pro.
1. Label, label, label! And we mean everything. It’s easy to misplace items, but having them labeled will ensure each Kamper’s belongings make it home.
2. It can be helpful to separate outfits into large Ziploc bags for younger Kampers. This is especially true for theme party costumes!
3. Don’t forget water shoes!
4. Travel size toiletries are every Kamper’s best friend. They make shower time easy, and packing to go home a breeze.
5. Visit our Pinterest boards for 2017 theme party costume inspiration! Visit Kanakparties.com to know which party your Kamp is having and check our Pinterest boards for outfit ideas: After Dark in the Ark, Holiday Hysteria, Game Day: Fanny Packs and Snap Backs, Superhero Showdown, American Bandstand, Kanakuk Kountry Fair and We ‘Arg’ Cruisin.
It’s also important to remember what to leave out of the suitcase:
1. Outside food, candy, gum or drinks - Kamp has plenty of yummy food and snacks!
2. All electronics, including cell phones, iPads, Fitbits, Kindles, GoPros, etc.
3. Nerf guns, water balloons and other practical joke materials.
Just a reminder, that if a Kamper is found with any of these items, they will be collected!
There’s nothing more exciting than the sight of a full trunk, ready for the best summer ever at Kamp. If you have any packing tips or tricks, please share them with us on Facebook and Twitter. Happy packing, Kampers!