The BEST.SUMMER.EVER. is just around the corner, Kanakuk family! Can you believe it?! As the school year wraps up, we’re closer than ever to the best time of the year.
What does that mean? It’s time to #PackforKamp!
Packing for Kanakuk can sound like an overwhelming task, but we’re here to make the process as easy as possible! Our Kamp-specific packing guides ensure that all the Kamp essentials make it into your trunk. Here are a few extra tips to help you pack like a pro:
- Label, label, label! And by that, we mean label everything. It’s easy to misplace items at Kamp, but having your belongings labeled helps each Kamper’s belongings stick with them at Kamp and make it home.
- For younger Kampers, it can be helpful to separate outfits into large Ziploc bags.( Just restructured the sentence so that a preposition wasn’t at the end). Great tip! This is especially true for theme party costumes!
- Don’t forget full backed, or strapped water shoes! (Who’s pumped to hit the lake?!) * Slip-on sandals are not encouraged to serve as a “water shoe.”
- Travel-size toiletries with a caddy are convenient to have on hand. They make shower time easy, and packing to go home a breeze.
- Get creative with costumes! Visit KanakukParties.com for the parties happening at your Kamp, and check out our Pinterest boards for outfit inspiration for each theme.
Please be sure to leave the following items off of your packing list:
- No outside food, candy, gum or drinks can be brought to Kamp. We have plenty of yummy food and snacks!
- All electronics, including watches,cell phones, iPads, Fitbits, Kindles, GoPros, etc.
- Nerf guns, water balloons and other practical joke materials.
What’s more exciting than the sight of a full, packed trunk, waiting to be taken to a summer at Kanakuk?! We can’t think of anything! As you pack and prepare for Kamp, we hope you’re excited to join us this summer. If you have any packing tips or tricks, please share them with us on Facebook, or on Instagram and Twitter using #PackForKamp. Happy packing, Kampers!