Recipe Release...Gucci Bars!
If your son or daughter has been to K-West this summer, there is a good chance that he or she has come home raving about Gucci Bars. This dessert is loved and craved by K-West Kampers and staff. We wanted to share this recipe with you.
· 1 cup all-purpose flour
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1 cup quick cooking oats
· 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
· 3/4 cup melted butter
· 1/4 teaspoon salt
· 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
· 3/4 cup caramel ice cream topping
· 3Tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F Grease one 9x9 inch square pan.
- Combine the 1 cup flour, baking soda, oats, brown sugar, salt and melted butter. Mix to combine, mixture will be very crumbly. Press half of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then sprinkle over the crust the chocolate chips. Mix the caramel ice cream topping with 3 Tbsp of flour and drizzle over the chocolate chips. Top with the remaining oatmeal mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 15 minutes. Let bars cool before cutting.
Delicious! Enjoy making these at home with your kids for a special family dinner.